Fellowship Programme in Breast Surgery.
Name of the Course: Fellowship Course in Breast Surgery
Course Duration: 1 year.
Course fee: 150000/- INR
The Fellowship seeks MS/ DNB (Republic of India and MCI accredited) qualified General Surgeons/ Gynaecologists/ Anesthetists with a very strong commitment to academic Evidence based medicine and research. It provides both didactic and self-directed teaching at both clinical and research skills.
The goal of this Fellowship Programme is to provide Surgeons/ Gynaecologists/ Anesthetists with comprehensive academic, research and clinical training in Fellowship Course in Breast Surgery. The course will include learning on the patho-physiology, evaluation, diagnosis and current Standard Management in all pathologies that lead them to Fellowship Course in Breast Surgery. There will be a very strong emphasis on research, scholarly activity and teaching experience.
This Fellowship will enable candidates to have a strong foundation to receive the Post-Doctoral Fellowship Award from the MUHS and consequently have a successful career in clinical practice. The fellow will be able to perform at the end of 1 year
- Modified radical mastectomy,
- Breast conservation surgery,
- Sentinel node biopsy,
- LD flap
- Supraclavicular LN biopsy,
- Intravenous port placement,
- Breast implant surgery,
- Needle localization and excision of non-palpable lesions
Eligibility criteria for candidate for the Award of Fellowship:
- MS. /DNB (Republic of India and MCI accredited) in Surgery. For Foreigners, Post graduate degrees equivalent to and recognized by Medical Council of India.
Selection Criteria for candidates:
- Fellows should be selected in a fair and non-discriminatory manner in accordance with theEqual Opportunities. The selection process will be according to MUHS guidelines.
- The candidate is expected to appear for the multi choice(MCQ) written examination of 100marks.
- Selected candidates will be called for the interview.
- Ultimately, selection of a candidate for a fellowship will be done by an interview with panel of faculties constituted by the MUHS.
Examination paper for selection of candidates for Fellowship:
- Three sets of MCQ paper will be set by the committee of the faculties approved by MUHS & only one paper will be selected by random process on the day of examination.
- Evaluation of the examination conducted will be done by a committee of faculties
- Merit list & Successful candidates name will appear on the WEB site of MUHS